Audi RS3 TTRS Turbo Inlet
Performance Gain (RS3 with Hybrid Turbo): 14-20hp, 30-35ft-lb
Flow Rate increase at 24″ H2O : 42% increase over stock (Using Stock Flange)
Fitment for RS3 8V Gen 2 and TTRS 8S Left and Right hand drive. Finished in raw carbon – no clearcoat.
Optional Turbo flanges available for popular hybrid turbos.
Presenting a World First – an all carbon RS3/TTRS turbo inlet elbow. We have invested months of intense R&D in developing an inlet which leaves no room for compromise. VOLUME – FLOW QUALITY – TEMPERATURE are the 3 main design criteria which we sought to meet.
1) VOLUME : Inlet Diameters – Eventuri 103mm : Stock 72mm. Outlet Diameters – Eventuri 74mm : Stock 56.4mm. Clearly with significantly larger internal diameter sizes, the Eventuri elbow encapsulates a much larger internal volume which de-restricts the flow path to the turbo.
2) FLOW QUALITY : Having just a large internal volume is no good unless the flow path also allows for smooth airflow to the turbo. By using high temperature Prepreg Carbon Fiber we have managed to achieve a smooth internal surface. In contrast, the stock and other aftermarket elbows are all made from cast aluminium which end up with a rough internal surface. This coupled with the smooth curvature of the elbow results in a flow path which minimises turbulence.
3) TEMPERATURE : The final criteria was to minimise the conduction of heat into the airflow. The stock inlet is directly connected to the turbo and so immediately conducts heat as the turbo spools. Our system uses a machined flange which connects to the turbo and then a silicon coupler with an integrated thermal spacer to keep the carbon elbow from having direct contact with the turbo. This barrier coupled with the low through-thickness thermal conductivity of carbon fiber results in less heat being transferred to the airflow.
We conducted flow rate tests using a Superflow SF-1020 to measure the maximum flow rate possible at a pressure drop of 28” H2O. Tests were done on the same day in controlled conditions using the same test jig for each elbow. The results show how restrictive the stock elbow is, which we have managed to improve from 42% using the stock flange up to 58% in maximum possible flow rate using the larger GTX flange. Since the RHD version requires clearance for the brake fluid reservoir we added a scallop into the side which reduces the volume of the tube but still retains a significant increase in flow rate over stock with an increase of 52% over stock using the GTX Flange.
Our carbon elbow has been independently tested by reputable tuners globally. The first set of results are from BR Performance Netherlands who tested our system on a TTRS equipped with a TTE700 hybrid turbo. Tests were done on the same day back to back with the hood closed. They tested the stock airbox against our stage 3 intake with the stock elbow and then added our elbow for the comparison.
Dyno Results Summary:
- Stock Airbox with Modified Stock Turbo Inlet for TTE700 = 576.5 HP
- Eventuri Stage 3 Intake with Modified Stock Turbo Inlet for TTE700 = 606.5 HP
- Eventuri Stage 3 Intake with Eventuri Turbo Inlet for TTE700 = 620.8 HP
- EVE-TRB8V8S-LHD-NIL : Audi RS3 / TTRS Gen 2 LHD Carbon turbo inlet with NO FLANGE
- EVE-TRB8V8S-RHD-NIL : Audi RS3 / TTRS Gen 2 RHD Carbon turbo inlet with NO FLANGE
- EVE-TRB8V8S-FLG-STK : Stock Turbo Flange for RS3/TTRS Carbon Turbo Inlet
- EVE-TRB8V8S-FLG-TTE : TTE700/625 Turbo Flange for RS3/TTRS Carbon Turbo Inlet
- EVE-TRB8V8S-FLG-SRM : SRM GTX Turbo Flange for RS3/TTRS Carbon Turbo Inlet
The Eventuri RS3 8V / TTRS 8S Turbo Inlet is manufactured from high temperature prepreg carbon fiber and come with a number of other components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards.
Fitment is available for RHD and LHD Vehicles. The inlet is designed to fit our Stage 2 and Stage 3 RS3 8V / TTRS 8S intake systems
Here are the details for each component and the design ethos behind them:
Each inlet system consists of:
- High Temperature Carbon Inlet Elbow - RHD and LHD Specific
- CNC Machined Turbo Flanges - optional choices
- Silicon Couplers With Oil Resistant Lining
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel Hose Clamps
Carbon Fiber Inlet Elbow
Our Turbo Inlet provides a smooth flow path from the 103mm diameter inlet to the 74mm outlet to the turbo flange. We designed the shape with a continuous curvature and maximised the internal volume without affecting the airflow negatively. The inlet is finished in raw carbon so has no clear coat - which would not be able to withstand the heat generated from the turbo and exhaust manifold. The carbon construction allows us to keep the inside flow surface smooth which helps with reducing the surface friction and in turn allows airflow to move easier. We ensure strength and rigidity by maintaining a 2mm wall thickness throughout the part. Finally for added protection there is a heat reflective layer applied where the tube crosses the exhaust manifold. This reduces the radiant heat absorbed by the tube. The advantage of using carbon fiber over the traditionally used cast aluminium is mainly down to the thermal conductivity and the ability to keep the inside smooth. The table below summarises the advantages.
Minimising Heat Soak
When the RS3/TTRS accelerates, the turbo generates intense heat as it spools. Since the face of the turbo is directly connected to our CNC machined flange, we designed a silicon coupler to also act as a thermal barrier between the carbon tube and the metal flange. Internally the silicon has a spacer which separates the carbon and metal surfaces. This reduces the conductive heat transfer and therefore allows power to remain more constant since the inlet does not heat soak as quickly as the stock inlet does.
CNC Machined Turbo Flanges
We provide a choice of turbo flanges which are all CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminium and anodised. We will also be adding more flanges for new hybrid turbos coming to the market.
Currently Available Flanges:
- Stock Turbo
- TTE 700 / 625
- SRM GTX3582