Honda FK2 Turbo Tube
Some photos show our optional engine cover.
Performance Gain (FK2 at stage 2 tune): 15-18hp, 17-20ft-lb
Performance Gain (FK8 stock software): 5hp 5ft-lb peak, 15hp 18ft-lb under 4k rpm
Presenting a World First – an all carbon FK2 turbo inlet tube. We have invested months of intense R&D in developing an inlet which leaves no room for compromise. VOLUME – FLOW QUALITY – TEMPERATURE are the 3 main design criteria which we sought to meet.
1) VOLUME : Inlet Diameters – Eventuri 78mm : Stock 63mm. By maintaining the MAF section diameter from the intake through to the turbo tube we have increased the cross sectional area by over 53% for the majority of the intake flow path to the turbo. Clearly with significantly larger internal diameter sizes, the Eventuri tube encapsulates a much larger internal volume which de-restricts the flow path to the turbo. This allows the turbo to operate more efficiently and spool up to peak boost levels faster. It also allows the turbo to operate at peak boost with less turbine loading.
2) FLOW QUALITY : Having just a large internal volume is no good unless the flow path also allows for smooth airflow to the turbo. By using high temperature Prepreg Carbon Fiber we have managed to achieve a smooth internal surface. In contrast, the stock inlet tube is made from cast aluminium which ends up with a rough internal surface. This coupled with the smooth curvature of the elbow results in a flow path which minimises turbulence.
3) TEMPERATURE : The final criteria was to minimise the conduction of heat into the airflow. The stock inlet is directly connected to the turbo and so immediately conducts heat as the turbo spools. Our system uses a machined flange which connects to the turbo and then a silicon coupler with an integrated thermal spacer to keep the carbon elbow from having direct contact with the turbo. This barrier coupled with the low through-thickness thermal conductivity of carbon fiber results in less heat being transferred to the airflow.
This turbo tube has been designed to fit our FK2 intake with the carbon MAF tube.
Our carbon elbow has been extensively tested on the road and on the dyno. We tested a fully tuned stage 2 FK2 and also a fully stock FK8. The tuned FK2 had stage 2 software, downpipe, exhaust, intake and methanol. At this level of tune the stock tube presents a restriction and so our larger tube allowed the engine to achieve more power all the way through the RPM range. We also tested a fully stock FK8 and although the OEM tube doesn't present a restriction at this power level, the results show that the turbo still benefits from the larger tube since it is able to spool up faster and achieve peak boost earlier hence the gains under 4k rpm. The results show that the higher the demand from the turbo, the more benefit there is in using our carbon turbo inlet tube. Tests were done on the same day back to back with the hood closed and ambient temperatures were monitored for consistency. Several runs were carried out for each configuration to get a repeatable result.
The Eventuri FK2 Carbon Turbo Tube consists of a number of components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards. We use 100% pre-preg carbon fiber with no fibreglass which means we can achieve a smooth internal surface to maintain smoother airflow. Here are the details for each component and the design ethos behind them:
Each Turbo Tube Set consists of:
- Carbon Fiber Turbo Tube
- Optional Carbon V2 MAF tube (if required)
- Custom Silicon Joiner at intake side
- CNC Machined Turbo Flange
- Honda T-Mod kit
- Custom Silicon Coupler at Turbo Side
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel Brackets
- Anti-Vibration Mount
Carbon Fiber Turbo Tube
Crafted from Prepreg Carbon Fiber, the Turbo Tube is a one-piece design to maintain a smooth flow path to the turbo. It has an inlet diameter of 78mm internally which matches the MAF tube section and maintains this size for the majority of its length then smoothly tapering down to the stock turbo inlet. The stock turbo tube in comparison only has an internal diameter of 63mm. This difference in size equates to an increase in cross sectional area of over 53%. Furthermore, since it is made from Carbon, it has a much lower weight and lower thermal conductivity across the wall thickness than the stock cast aluminium tube.
Custom Silicon Hoses
Our silicon joiner hoses have been made to ensure a perfect fit and also to maintain smooth internal airflow. The main silicon hose at the inlet side has an internal step which mates against the turbo tube thus eliminating the potential of turbulence against the exposed wall thickness of the tube. The turbo coupler has a silicon spacer ring which separates the carbon from the metal turbo flange. This acts as a thermal barrier to reduce heat conduction from the hot turbo flange through to the carbon tube.
CNC Machined Turbo Flange
CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminium and anodised, our flange provides a perfect fitment and seal against the stock turbo.
Fitment And Options
The Carbon Turbo Tube will only fit with our FK2 intake which has the V2 carbon MAF tube. We have put together 2 packages depending on which MAF tube your Eventuri intake has. Owners who have the small metal MAF tube will need to buy option 2 otherwise the turbo tube will NOT fit. This photo shows the intake with the required carbon MAF tube.
OPTION 1: The first option is for Eventuri intake owners who already have the Carbon MAF tube and includes the Turbo Tube and required hardware as shown here:
OPTION 2: The second option is for Eventuri intake owners who don't have the carbon MAF tube. This package includes the Turbo Tube and the carbon MAF tube as shown here: